Rate of Pay: $13.56 per hour
We appreciate your interest in driving school bus for Columbia Falls School District Six. The following requirements are necessary before you are allowed to operate a school bus for the district:
- Application - All applicants must complete a district application form, submit a resume, and provide a minimum of three letters of recommendation, preferably from previous employers. Click here for application.
- CDL - Each driver must possess a current Commercial Drivers' License with air brakes and S (school bus) endorsements and a minimum of five years driving experience.
- DOT - Physical exam and TB Tine Test - A physical examination and a TB Tine Test (tuberculosis) is mandatory to verify the health status of the applicant.
- Fingerprinting - A fingerprint background check is mandatory. Fingerprinting is done by appointment only. Please call Jessica at 892-6550 ext. 421 to schedule an appointment. Cost is $27.25, payable by cash or check only, at the time of service.
- First Aid - A first aid certificate must be obtained or verification of sign-up in an upcoming class.
- Pre-employment drug test
- Driving Record - Copy of your current driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
The district will assist each driver in securing the
proper license and training on a school bus.